Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Coconut French Toast

Breakfast and Coconut are two things I love. I thought I’d make them one with Coconut French Toast!

Alright I’ll be honest- I was just going to make plain toast, but my George Foreman (which I use as a toaster) was beyond dirty. The stove seemed like the second easiest place in my kitchen to make toast. That’s when inspiration hit me, people do this! I had no syrup or powdered sugar, so regular French toast was out the window. That’s when I covered my bread in egg juice and dipped it in a haphazard mix of coconut, sugar, and flour. The result: Decent Coconut French Toast.
It accomplished the goal of interesting, but was only OK tasting. I think if I had some of the pina colada dip Red Lobster uses for their coconut shrimp I would have been in breakfast heaven. Next time…

Any suggestions or better French toast recipes?

I’m not going to lie I was wishing & dreaming of Kate’s Pecan-Crusted French Toast the whole time. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment